5 Tips to Know, Before You Buy a Cat
There’s always the comparison of dog and cat owners.
Some argue that cats are easier to care for and others argue that they aren’t. While it’s very true that cats are pretty independent by nature, this doesn’t mean that they can solely take care of themselves! Before you purchase a cat for sale, here are some tips you should know and perhaps ponder.
Do you have the time and lifestyle for a feline?
- Are you too busy for a cat? As we mentioned, they are more self-sufficient than dogs, however some cat owners have complained that they are too busy for cats. It takes time to groom them. Depending on the breed, some are rather active and need more stimulation than most can fathom. This is especially true for highly intelligent and active cats like African Bengals. We recommend that you do your research. Look online and ask around to other friends or family members.
We have to ask. Do you have cat allergies?
- Does anyone in your home have even the slightest allergy? Before you purchase a cat for sale, you want to check and double check that you nor any of your family members suffer from cat allergies. Unfortunately, there aren’t “hypoallergenic” cats like there are dogs. There are some that have low allergens, but those are far and few between. Do your research and consult with your doctor, before you bring your cat for sale into your home.
Before you bring home a cat, be sure to have already secured a veterinarian.
- Make the necessary appointments and checkups, for future dates. No worries though, our cats have already been immunized and had the proper checkups! You’ll need to decide if you’re going to neuter your cat or not. If so, that should be an appointment made immediately, as it’s predicated on their age. This decision can make the difference between having a happy and healthy cat or one that is constantly spraying your furniture or trying to escape incessantly. While you’re at it, you should also invest in pet insurance. It’s better safe than sorry, we say!
Comfort in the New Home
- As with any pet, there will be certain items you’ll need in the beginning to get your new cat for sale comfortable and acclimated to its new home. Firstly, you’ll want to invest in getting really good, high quality litter boxes, at least two. It’s their second home, so-to-speak. They’ll be in there often and you want to make it as comfortable as possible. We recommend covered boxes that give them the privacy they need, yep need! Always keep the box clean for your and your cat’s comfort. Consult with one of our knowledgeable staff members on the types of litter boxes and kitty litter to purchase.
Lastly, cats love to play albeit not as much as many dogs.
- They are certainly not just docile animals. Bring out some feathers, toy mice, string and fuzzy pipe cleaners and they’re go crazy swatting and pouncing away! Their toys are rather inexpensive, which is a plus. You want to make sure that you keep plenty of them around so that they’re happy and not bored. One of the most important purchases you’ll make for the cat for sale who’s joined your home is a scratching post! If you want to save your furniture get one, or two. Cats love them and they also love sitting high atop things. Sprinkle some catnip about it and you’ll have one happy camper!
We’re here to answer your questions and give you suggestions. Contact us today with your concerns.